I’m a little bit late with this, but as they say, better late than never. It seems in July of this year, 2016 to be exact, Dean Cain did a 25 things you don’t know about me interview with US Magazine.
So, just for fun, I thought we might go through the list and see what he and I have in common, buckle up, it’s going to be fun:
- I am adopted.
Me: OMG! I am adopted as well! So much in common already!
- I’ve never met my biological father.
Me: hmmm I met mine once. Was not pleasant, you had the better experience there.
- I am a quarter Japanese.
Me: I’m part Viking! See, so much in common! They are both warrior types.
- I’m a middle child.
Me: I am the youngest, so not so much there. Moving on.
- I grew up in Malibu with Sean Penn, Chris Penn, Rob Lowe, Chad Lowe, Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen and Holly Robinson Peete, among others.
Me: I’m from Owasso! It’s practically the Malibu of Oklahoma!
I used to be a decent surfer. (Sean Penn was a great surfer.)
Me: I’m an ex-skater, wow, this is just uncanny. I don’t know how we haven’t met.
- I graduated from Princeton University with a bachelor’s degree in history.
Me: I love history, however was Journalism was what I was majoring in, life got in the way. I would have minored in history. So there’s that.
- I was an All-American football player at Princeton.
- I still hold two NCAA records: My career interceptions per game average was 0.73, and I had an average of 1.2 interceptions per game in a single season.
Me: next again
- I love dogs. Cats, not so much.
I have dogs! That I love, I also have a cat, but he could be a really fluffy dog if you squint.
- I briefly played professional football for the Buffalo Bills.
Me: man, this harder than I thought.
- I’ve had six different surgeries, which explains the “briefly” in my last answer.
Me: I’ve had surgeries! Back to being alike. Whew!
- I cook every day.
Me: OMG I eat every day!
- I’m a writer and have written dozens of scripts. (Three set to go in 2016!)
Me: wow, this is amazing even me, I write on the internet all the time. No one reads me, but I still write. Actually, I’ve been writing all my life. I love words, you can do so much with them, encourage, love, inform, decimate, incriminate and so much more.
- I’m a homebody.
Me: I’m at home now!
- I have a 15-year-old son named Christopher, after my adoptive father.
Me: my children are grown, but I did name my youngest son after my ancestor that came to America in 1774 and fought with the Continental Army.
- My son is my favorite human. I’m 6 feet, and he’s taller than me.
Me: my children are my favorite humans! And 2 are taller than me. (sorry Elizabeth Anne)
- I love being a dad.
Me: I LOVE being a mom!
- I am fascinated with military history.
Me: no exaggeration here, I am completely fascinated with history, specifically American History. There has been a member of my family serving in the military since 1774. You name the branch and one of us has been in it, I am completely fascinated by the inherited patriotism we all have.
- I’m an avid video game player, especially World of Warcraft and Call of Duty.
Me: hmmm does Tetris count?
- I love watching football. Any football. Anytime.
- I cannot stand tailgaters while driving. Seriously, where are you going?
Me: wow, seriously, I do believe we are soulmates, and I don’t believe in soulmates!
- I speak decent Spanish.
Me: does Klingon count as a language? Oh! I speak California Valley Girl, Oklahoman, Southern and Texan.
- I’m a sucker for a genuine smile — and kindness and happiness.
Me: I love to smile!
- I’m still looking for my future wife.
Me: I don’t know how to respond to this as someone might not be too happy with me.
Well there you have it folks, Dean Cain and I have so much in common! I don’t even know how on earth we have never met.
As always, if there is a question or comment you don’t want published, my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org